Have you ever thought – I could have changed my job.. Or – I could have started my own business… Or – I could have followed my dream and done something I’m really passionate about, but… if only I did not have this fear.
Fear of… Insecurity. Not succeeding. Not making it. Being laughed at. Being misunderstoood or rejected. Failure. Success. This massive inner fear.
I bet you have thought about it. And wondered how to deal with it. But there is still something stopping you from taking that important action towards making that change in your life and following your passion or dream.
How do you get rid of that fear? Let me tell you the truth – you never will. Everyone has this fear. Just get on with it. But what you can do is – develop strategies to deal with it.
As an example, lets take the most common fear factors and unlock them one by one.
1. What if I will not succeed?
- Know your reason WHY you badly want to – always start with your WHY, this will keep your passion and energy high! And even if you fail along your success journey (and everyone does from time to time), this will help you get up and keep going.
- Develop a clear and impactful plan to succeed – you do need a plan!
- Implement thoroughly the actions from your plan. And you will succeed. Guaranteed.
2. How to manage through change?
- Find your best support buddy. What I have noticed lately in my personal branding for entrepreneurs workshops – my clients come to workshops in couples with their significant other or friend. It is much easier to manage change if you have someone close whom you trust and who could support you when the times get uncertain.
- Go through change with clarity in mind – why you are doing it and what is your final destination.
- Learn and test different approaches and behaviours to your traditional ones – it will help to strengthen your flexibility muscle.
- Develop your personal brand which will navigate you through the change. Confidently. Elegantly.
3. What if others will laugh or misunderstand?
- Only the arrogant will laugh or pull back a person who has high aspirations and aims to achieve their dream. If you have someone like that in your network – leave them out.
- Share your goals and aspirations only with people whom you know will support you. And when you have reached your dream – share with the rest, to inspire that its possible, but not to impress.
- Have clarity on your WHY and other people’s opinions for you will be like water for a duck – it does not soak into the feather, it runs away.
4. What if I will have good days and bad days?
- You will definitely have good days and bad days. Collect the strengths from good days so you can use them in your bad days.
- Find what works for you to manage the change. We can all develop our coping strategies that works just for us. As an example, if I am having a bad day, I choose to do something very simple and basic, but I still keep progressing.
- Learn from the best and most successful in your industry – how do they manage though.
5. What if I will get lost and not know what to do?
- Choose coaches and trainers whom you can learn from, who have progressed further in your aspired field and are happy to share their tactics.
- Choose likeminded groups to have a chat and check in – a great source is Facebook groups where you can connect with likeminded people and who are on the same journey from the whole world. Feel free to join my Facebook group on Personal brand development to succeed by clicking here:
- Always keep your aim, your WHY and you vision in mind and you will find the way.
In conclusion: start with your WHY and have it always in your mind very clearly. This will help to eliminate and deal with that bugging fear factor and keep you going to reach your aspirations!
CLICK HERE to register your interest to receive information about the upcoming online course on how to develop your personal brand to succeed. In this course you will discover insights and tools on how to develop your personal brand and how to have clarity on your WHY, so that despite all the upcoming storms and insecurities, you can keep going and reach your aspirations. I will share the promotion offer with those registered before launching the course.